This privacy statement sets out how The Hearing Consultancy Team Ltd (trading as The Hearing Consultancy) uses and protects any information that you give us when either using our website and/or when making use of our services.
Supply of Personal Information:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Your Name
• Date of birth
• Contact telephone numbers (including mobile)
• E-mail and postal address
• Details of any products and accessories supplied to you by your healthcare professional
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website
• Details of your visit to our website and any interactions you carry out on the website
• Details following a hearing assessment
We will ask you for relevant personal information at the time you register on our website. We may also ask you for personal information when you request information from us, submit any comments to us or if you report a problem with the website. No personal information will be collected without your consent.
Our use of your personal information:
• Your personal information will only be used for the purposes of providing you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
• Processing your personal information so that we can inform you about new healthcare related products and services available from us
• Processing your personal information to enhance the services and goods we make available to our customers
• Personal information collected will be retained by us for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide products and services (including after sales service) to you
Who controls the use of your personal data?
Managing Your Information:
• Updating, accessing or removing personal information held by us
You can amend or have your personal details removed by either emailing us or contacting our customer services department, any such correspondence must be accompanied with adequate proof of identity
• We take security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness which are reviewed regularly.
• Access to client data is regulated so that it is used only to the extent necessary to enable your Health Care Professional or The Hearing Consultancy administrative staff to perform their tasks for the proper functioning of the practice and they may have access to data for:
• Creating or amending appointments
• Ordering custom made hearing products and/or accessories and/or repairs
• Ensuring awareness of any notifiable patient contraindications related to our associates conducting hearing tests and any related
procedures e.g. impression taking or microsuction
• Applying for Grant Aid eligibility and processing claims from Welfare Partners
• Creating GP referral letters or to other allied health professionals
Disclosure of information to other health and social professionals:
We may need to pass some information to other health care professionals in order to refer you on to receive the appropriate treatment and services you need. Only the relevant part of your record will be released. These other professionals are also legally bound to treat your information with the same duty of care and confidence that we do.
Other Third Parties:
We will not pass your personal information to other third parties, without your prior consent.
We may use your personal information to contact you in relation to related products and services offered by us. To ensure you continue to receive continuity of service we will send you non-marketing material such as appointment reminders or check-up recalls.
You can opt out of receiving any email marketing material from us by removing your consent at any time either calling us FREEPHONE 1800 80 43 22 or notifying email@example.com. Similarly, you can contact our Customer Services department on our FREEPHONE number 1800 80 43 22 if you want to update your contact details or opt out of a paper-based mailing list. Please supply your name, old address, contact number and your new address.
Our website uses Google Analytics to track user behaviour. This information is collected anonymously. This service tracks how users find this website, information about the device used to visit our site, what pages are visited and time spent on our site. Additionally specific user behaviour whilst on the site, such as links clicked or images viewed can also be tracked. This information is used to help optimise our site and improve the user experience.
To opt-out of Google Analytics, both on our site and others, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on click here.
We also use Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel, we may from time to time use Facebook Advertising, Facebook Pixel Re-Marketing, and communications. This tool allows us to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and The Hearing Consultancy cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites with related points of interest. However, once you select these links and leave our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over those other websites and therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information exchanged when visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for any third party websites.
Your right of access to your information:
You have the right of access to all the personal information held about you by The Hearing Consultancy. If you wish to see your records in most cases it is the quickest to discuss this with your hearing health care provider who will outline the information held with you. You can make a formal written access request to our Customer Services and the matter can be dealt with formally. There will be a small charge for the cost of copying details to a transferable format where a formal request is made.
Transferring to another practice:
• If you decide at any time and for whatever reason to transfer to another practice, we will facilitate that decision by making available to your new provider a copy of your records on receipt of your signed consent from your new provider. A small fee may be levied to cover our administrative costs.
• For certain medico-legal reasons we will also retain a copy of your records in our practice for an appropriate period of time which may exceed eight years e.g. data obtained following industrial hearing tests.
Please email any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Statement and the way we process personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hearing Consultancy Unit 12, The Shopping Centre, Main Street, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan – Freephone 1800 80 43 22